[Gnu-arch-users] Whitespace cleanups

From: James Blackwell
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Whitespace cleanups
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 00:42:59 -0400

Hi all,

I took some time to clean up the tabs in the tla sourcecode. However, I
don't want to commit this before fielding it with you guys. Depending on
the patches that you're all working on, you could be stuck dealing with
minor conflicts that would have to be resolved.

Under more normal circumstances, I think that most everyone agrees to
avoid this sort of thing. But in this case, I'd like to do it. The leading
tabs have gotten to be a bit out of control. I've merged most of the
recent patches, so many of the patches that are "out there" probably
conflict for other reasons anyways.

Obviously, I'd like to do this, but not if it really pisses off any of
the more prolific arch hackers. :)

I audited how Aaron bentley's devel tree (which should be representative
of a heavily modified tree) handled the changes, and ended up with 5
trivial rejects, 1 moderate reject, and one serious reject.

I think that's a pretty good sweet spot considering that:

$ export T1="tla--devo--1.2--patch-21"
$ export T2="tla--whitespace--1.2--patch-1"
$ tla delta --diffs $T1 $T2 | wc -l
2301

So, what do you guys think?

Regards,