[Gnu-arch-users] who will step up to replace james?

From: Eske Christiansen
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] who will step up to replace james?
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 10:29:33 +0200

Hi All

Now that James have hang his hat up as arch release pusher (or what ever
it was called) I think we are in a need for a new one. Toms has clearly
too much work to do to ensure that all the small arch clean ups is
release (or do not care, what do I know). I think that the process of a
rc period is good (but not every 4 weeks) but maybe once in a while
larger than the period from the 1.2 release to the 1.2.1 . This was a
slow killing of arch.

This person should talk and make agreements with Tom in order to pervent
another flame war. (we are all to old to begin one again and it is just
a wast of bits and bytes.....)

So why do I not step up. firstly I do not understand the way arch works
in every details and have just startet to look at the code so it will be
stupid for me to do it.

So who is up to the task (and what does Tom say to this (yes I know that
he is not reading mail in a week))?

best
eske

--
Intel CPUs are not defective, they just act that way.
-- Henry Spencer