[Gnu-arch-users] tla help

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla help
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:16:39 +1000

>From slashdot comment:

---
% svn --help | grep '^ ' | wc -l
28

% tla help | grep ' : ' | wc -l
105

I'm sorry but just watching that scroll by is enough to make me say
"well, maybe I'll figure this out later". Which is what I do every time
I look at Arch.
---

Firstlyl, "full featured" version control systems generally have a few
commands to deal with (examples I'm aware of: bk, tla, aegis).

However, Aegis does a good job of partitioning commands based on use
cases (eg. developer, reviewer, etc).

It might be that partitioning based on "task" works better for tla, if
this is in fact a desirable thing.

There could for example be

   tla help (list 15 basic commands)
   tla HELP (list all 100+ commands)

Just my 2c
Zen

--
Homepage: http://www.soulsound.net/
Please respect the confidentiality of this email as sensibly warranted.