Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "Newbie-ized help"

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "Newbie-ized help"
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:04:03 -0400

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 01:52:56PM +0200, Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> I would drop id, add-id, delete-id, move-id and move. These are seldom
> needed or just plain confusing aliases.

No.  It is the corresponding aliases: "delete", "move", and "add" that should
be dropped, not "delete-id", "move-id", and "add-id", because the former have
been shown to confuse people; the *-id forms are more explicit and thus
easier to explain (normally people will probably use "mv" and "rm" anyway).

> Hmm. I would definitely drop archive-mirror. And I think that dropping
> archieve-setup would be a good thing too, unless it is necessary in a common
> use case (i.e. set up, get, updating, branching or merging).

archive-mirror is one of the most often used and important tla commands.

> Multiple merge commands are not newbie stuff, I think. I'd keep tag, update
> and missing --- and drop star-merge and replay.

star-merge is one of the most often used and important tla commands.

-Miles
--
/\ /\
(^.^)