Re: [Gnu-arch-users] BUG: feature request: 'tla chmod' which 'touch'es f

From: Jason McCarty
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] BUG: feature request: 'tla chmod' which 'touch'es files
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:31:03 -0400

Harald Meland wrote:
> If it's the latter, a reduction of the current tla feature set to
> include only a single "executable file" boolean (the way I think CVS
> does this) would make Arch less suitable for e.g. keeping track of my
> home-directory dotfiles; some of which I'd like to be world readable,
> while other should only be readable by me.

I think this is a good enough reason to keep all permission versioning
around, but perhaps it should change to metadata for the sake of shared
revlibs. That implies some extra pain when working with --link, of
course, to let tla set the correct permissions of files you want to
edit.

--
Jason McCarty <address@hidden>