Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "reply all" etiquette: reply-all vs. reply'ing to l

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "reply all" etiquette: reply-all vs. reply'ing to list
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 18:48:04 -0400

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 08:40:36AM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> As a little request: can people please attempt to follow "standard" list
> etiquette, and reply-to-list rather than reply-all.

"Standard list etiquette" is reply-to-all, because it is the safest method.

If gnu-arch-users is a closed list (it used to be in the old days; now I have
no idea), I suppose there could be a recommendation that people use
reply-to-list or something when possible instead.

> With Evolution, I find I regularly have to just reply, and change the
> recipient to the list, since reply-all so rarely results in the list
> address coming up in the "To:" field.

Sounds like Evolution needs a bit of work.

-Miles
--
`Suppose Korea goes to the World Cup final against Japan and wins,' Moon said.
`All the past could be forgiven.'   [NYT]