Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: "Newbie-ized help"

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: "Newbie-ized help"
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 00:34:45 -0400

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 02:16:51PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> bk new(1)                   BitKeeper User's Manual
> bk

[...etc...]

I've been seeing a lot of 'bitkeeper this', 'bitkeeper that' being
tossed around.

How bitkeeper adds a file is different from how arch does it.

I personally don't really care whether it's 'add' or 'add-id', but if
you're looking for user-transition precedent for 'add', you're
probably better off citing CVS than bitkeeper.

While I've seen some legitimate and helpful bitkeeper comparisons, I
think some of them are a little overboard.  Unless our goal is to 'do
it like bitkeeper' (which I somehow doubt), it really doesn't make
sense for an artist to try to paint with a hammer, just because that's
the tool he used in his last job.