Re: [Gnu-arch-users] CVS interop; latest cscvs; Wiki index-by-applicatio

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] CVS interop; latest cscvs; Wiki index-by-application?
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:10:45 -0400

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 11:13:19AM -0500, John Meinel wrote:

> Well, I went for the "CVS tree inside Arch tree" approach, and it
> seems to work pretty well. I get a few spurious CVS/Entries changes
> (the Entries file is updated without actually changing any other
> files), but aside from that, it works pretty well.

As I figured it would; this'll be my fallback approach.

I'd like to get some real CVS history in my arch tree, hence cscvs,
but it does depend on how high the volume of check-ins is.  I may
end up doing something similar, either by hand or automated on a
regular basis (so as to get incremental changesets rather than big
whopping ones).

Also, I'd like to tell cscvs to start tracking at a particular
revision / tag, and ignore changes before that.  But until I can find
the latest copy of cscvs, I won't know how.

There's a question to that effect on the Wiki, but it seems to be
unanswered.  Not really critical, though; in the worst case, I can
just do everything before that version, tag off that, and prune logs
if needed.