Re: [Gnu-arch-users] revision library CLI (my-revision-library)

From: John Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] revision library CLI (my-revision-library)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:56:42 -0500

Johannes Berg wrote:
On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 10:46 -0500, John Meinel wrote:

I'm not sure what you are mentioning here. Are you talking about:

johannes:~$ tla my-revision-library -h
print or change your revision library path
usage: tla my-revision-library [options] [dir]
[...]
  --search           use the full search path
  --add              use the full add path
  --search-only      use the search-only path
  --add-only         use the add-only path

Were you actually able to make it read-only? My guess is the easiest thing to do is just mark it
tla library-config --non-greedy

I don't really know, what you suggest is what I ended up doing, but I do
have two files in ~/.arch-params now:
=revision-library
  /home/johannes/.arch-lib
=revision-library-adds
  /scratch/.tla-library
(both files with contents)

Actually, I guess I didn't check the "add" parameters, I only was trying out the "search" parameters, and didn't see it doing anything. But I still think the greedy/non-greedy will do what you want. I'm pretty sure non-greedy only adds if you tell it to, never on it's own.

Btw, why didn't you send your replies to the list?

I usually do. It's part of the whole "Don't munge Reply-To" thread. Basically, the default reply is reply-to-person, reply-to-all would reply to the list, but also to you. It's also not the key I default to hitting.

johannes

John
=:->