Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Is a tagged revision independent of the source?

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Is a tagged revision independent of the source?
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 23:13:04 +0000

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> Jason McCarty <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Rob Browning wrote:
>>> So if you have archive-1 and you tag from that into archive-2, and
>>> then later archive-1 goes away, will someone who just wants to do a
>>> "tla get" from archive-2 to get the latest code still be able to, or
>>> will their get fail because it needs access to archive-1 for the
>>> oldest revisions?
>>
>> By default, tla makes a cacherev when you tag across archives, so any
>> get from archive-2 should succeed.
>
> OK, thanks.  I think I understand now.

You may find that some things still don't work.  For example, it used
to be that "tla ancestry" insisted on contacting all the archives
(even if all the patch-logs happened to be present locally); that may
have been fixed.  (It may also not be of interest to you; the
fundamental operations like "get" will work.)