Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Keyword substitution, How can I automatically a

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Keyword substitution, How can I automatically add version to file?
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:16:25 +1100

> I second the build-script generating a version file, though.

This works very well for us too - a simple sed, and now we first store
the version in a file by itself in the build directory, so it can be
used later in our build process too, and to manually check the state of
things (occasionally useful), and it's all in the output, not in the
source. The source is versioned by tla. All seems to make good sense to
me so far...

fwiw
zen