[Gnu-arch-users] "moving" an arch repository

From: Andy Tai
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] "moving" an arch repository
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 05:56:41 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I wonder if there is an easy way to recreate an
arch repository elsewhere.  That is, how can I create
a copy of an existing arch repository (as in creating
a tar ball of the arch repository and untar it on
another machine) and make it a new functional
repository?  Trying to do this fails due to invalid
inode signatures.  If there any tool that can
"convert" such a copy of an existing arch repo into a
new, functional repository again?

This will be useful for backup purposes when I have no
access to tla or baz on a machine that previously host
an repository.  And you could do this with a CVS
repository...

Andy