Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "moving" an arch repository

From: Jason McCarty
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "moving" an arch repository
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 13:54:21 -0500

Andy Tai wrote:
> Hi, I wonder if there is an easy way to recreate an
> arch repository elsewhere.  That is, how can I create
> a copy of an existing arch repository (as in creating
> a tar ball of the arch repository and untar it on
> another machine) and make it a new functional
> repository?  Trying to do this fails due to invalid
> inode signatures.  If there any tool that can
> "convert" such a copy of an existing arch repo into a
> new, functional repository again?
>
> This will be useful for backup purposes when I have no
> access to tla or baz on a machine that previously host
> an repository.  And you could do this with a CVS
> repository...

Are you trying to tar up a directory listed by "tla archives" (an
archive), or a directory created by "tla get" (a working directory)?

It sounds like you're talking about a pristine tree in a working
directory rather than an archive. In that case, you can fix it with
"rm -rf {arch}/++pristine-trees".

However, I believe an arch archive, rather than a working directory,
corresponds with a CVS repository, so maybe you're not tarring up the
files you want. An archive should be amenable to tarring without any
complaints from tla.

--
Jason McCarty <address@hidden>