[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: HTTP access to CVS

From: lode . leroy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: HTTP access to CVS
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 09:24:53 +0100 (CET)

> ll> Hi, I submitted a patch over a year ago, and it never got merged...
> ll> I have two versions attached... they should still apply more or less
> ll> without a problem.
> Two other people have pointed out that your same http_proxy environment
> variable usage is incorrect.  Did you the modifications they suggested?

the one version is what "wget" uses as convention for http_proxy
and the other is what "curl" uses as convention for http_proxy.

I do not agree that my "http_proxy environment variable usage is incorrect",
there is no real documented standard (that I know of) but there are others
(like wget, curl, lynx) that can be considered de-facto standards.

Anyway, as you can see from the patches, the implementation is
_realy_trivial_ but apparently no-one cared...

Plaats je zoekertjes GRATIS op AdValvas
Placez votre petite annonce GRATUITEMENT sur AdValvas
http://www.advalvas.be