[Gnu-arch-users] Importing two external projects on two machines: how ma

From: Ferran Jorba
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Importing two external projects on two machines: how many locations/archives?
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:25:33 +0100

Hi all,

I'm trying to start using arch for keeping track of a couple of
external projects that I'm implementing.  I already have some
working experience with CVS.

My doubts start deciding where should I keep my (main) archives,
that is, if I understand it correctly, the location
(http://regexps.srparish.net/tutorial-tla/new-archive.html#Creating_a_New_Archive).
In my case, I have three accounts in a couple of machines (one
for testing/development and the other for production): personal
account, projectA and projectB.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to import each release of those
external projects as it is released in my testing machine.  And
also to add patches and fixes as they are published, or my own
fixes/customisations.  I'd like to access (read and possibly write)
those branches/versions from the production machine.

I'd like to keep some of my minor suff on arch.

I feel myself inclined to have a single location, with each project
as archive, and then use releases and versions.  However, I still
don't know where (that is, address@hidden) should this be.  Although
I'll probably be the main responsible for those implementations for
the time being, I feel somewhat unconfortable to have it under my
personal account.  Other option could be that each account/project
in the testing machine holds its own project, but it seems to me
a little too much for my one-man team.

Any words of advice?

Thanks,

Ferran