[Gnu-arch-users] Re: The future of GNU Arch users

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: The future of GNU Arch users
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:58:36 +0200

Matthieu Moy <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd compare this to CVS/Subversion situation.

Except that from an end-user viewpoint, I'm not sure it looks archaic
compared to Cogito and the likes.

> I'd say that GNU Arch has changed its name and its maintainer, not
> that it is being buried.

However, tla was the GNU implementation of Arch.  Since it is no longer
maintained and Bazaar 1.x is regarded as its continuation, then maybe
Bazaar 1.x should officially become part of the GNU Project and be
referred to as the only maintained Arch (1.x) implementation?

Admittedly, that wouldn't make any difference technically.  But it would
bind an actively developed and used implementation to the name "GNU
Arch".

Thanks,
Ludovic.