[Gnu-arch-users] TLA Replay nastiness

From: Colin Fox
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] TLA Replay nastiness
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 14:46:00 -0800

Can anyone explain why the following happens:

1. Create a directory in an already arch-controlled tree
2. tla add the dir
3. Put a file in to the dir, without an arch-tag.
4. Do a "tla update", updating your tree from someone else's changes
5. tla actually DELETES the directory, rather than just moving it off to
a safe place.

I just lost some critical work, because I forgot to put an arch-tag in
one file (out of 20 or so) that I was working on.

This is incredibly frustrating. Why on earth would anyone expect a 'tla
update' to actually discard any of your files?

There is a ,,what-changed directory, but it's EMPTY. :(
--
Colin Fox <address@hidden>
CF Consulting Inc.