Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: clean up tla help

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: clean up tla help
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:01:02 -0500

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 06:12:46PM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 04:45:48PM +0100, Matthieu Moy wrote:
> > Andrew Suffield <address@hidden> writes:

> > > These should have become one command but got canonicalled.
> >
> > Do you mean "they should have become one command, but became so only
> > in the Canonical version" ?
>
> No, I mean canonical killed off the job half-finished, which is how we
> got this mess. It needs finishing or backing out, one or the other.

Thats not too unfair of an assessment. It definitely should be either
fixed or taken out. You are blaming the wrong person though.

Though rbrowse worked well for tla, it wasn't covered by test cases. As
bzr development progressed rbrowse languished quite a bit and it wasn't
noticed because nonexistant test cases didn't protect it.

IOW, blame me.