Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 01:29:34 +0100

   100+ commands confuse the hell out of most people. Should I use
   rbrowse or abrowse? get or grab? changes or diff? update or replay?
   I can go on and on. We could show everything if the everything is
   self consistant and orthogonal; however tla is clearly not the
   case.

Wouldn't it then be better to make things self consitent instead?  Not
exactly sure what you are refering to...  If the help output is so bad
that it makes it hard to understand what a command does, then the
output should be improved.

   Anyway, in my patch, you can still get all the commands from tla
   help -a. Two extra letters shouldn't be that big of a problem?

It isn't the extra two letters, it is changing a default behaviour of
something that I atleast consider very sane.  I could for example say
the same thing to you, you can still use `tla help -f' to get a list
about something specific, so that shouldn't be a big problem for you
either right? :-)