[Gnu-arch-users] Re: patch: automatic remove the corrupt revlib revision

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: patch: automatic remove the corrupt revlib revision
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:46:01 -0800

Matthieu:

> There's at least one case where revlibs inode signature occur:
> backup/restore. In this case, [....]

You go on to describe an uncommon case and defend this patch as
an imperfect work-around for that uncommon case.

I guess you are arguing against the patch but are just explaining
why it appeared on Andy's radar?

>> I think you are are dangerously close to the trap that a certain
subset
>> of Canonical's awful hacking fell into:

> When will you stop talking about Canonical each time you feel
> something is wrong?

When I am made whole.  Roughly this will correspond to when
I can turn my back on much of this stuff, go off, and catch
up on raising kids.  If Canonical is part of that -- fine.  If
not, well, then at least I don't have to give a shit about them
anymore.

And yes, going forward after being made whole would
include continuing to make contributions to the
world in the form of hacking although, if you find *anything*
of value in the history of Arch, you should see what I can do
when I'm not compelled to do a super-human rush job -- as far
as I'm concerned, everything from larch onward is just an
effective goof -- it's crap.  Compelling, demonstrative, useful
crap -- but rush-job crap nonetheless.