Re: [Gnu-arch-users] patch: automatic remove the corrupt revlib revision

From: Paul LeoNerd Evans
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] patch: automatic remove the corrupt revlib revision
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 00:46:21 +0000

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:19:10 -0800
Thomas Lord <address@hidden> wrote:

> It's your call, Andy, but if you're soliciting opinions: I think that's
> a dumb idea.
>
> One should always be extremely paranoid when injecting a call to
> `rmrf_file' into Arch.   It's just about the most dangerous function
> in the whole thing (and, indeed, is pretty darn dangerous).

At risk of setting a precedent here, I'd have to agree with Tom on this
one. Corrupted revlib entries SHOULD NOT happen in normal operation, and
just brushing it under the carpet like it didn't happen is highly
dangerous.

At the very least it should be rename()d out of the way, so that future
code can at least proceed and recreate it to work with. But I think it
would be highly wrong to just plain delete it.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

address@hidden
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/