Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch (tla) 1.3.4 release

From: John Arbash Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch (tla) 1.3.4 release
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 14:15:34 -0600

Andy Tai wrote:
> Great!  If it is OK with you I will try to get this modification into
> the nexrt version of tla.
>
> (this will be only used for the Cygwin environment, not on Unix-like
> systems)
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Andy

Does this include passing '--binary' to patch? That was one of the
things which could silently corrupt your archive if you weren't careful.
(If you use a revlib, when it populates, patch would silently change
line endings of modified files, so when you go to commit, it compares
against an invalid revlib, and commits changes which 'fixes' lines which
haven't changed.)

John
=:->