Re: [Gnu-arch-users] file system interface to a database

From: Derek Zhou
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] file system interface to a database
Date: 09 Jan 2006 12:25:09 -0800

Andy Tai <address@hidden> writes:

I am against the idea of using a database as a tla archive
backend. IMHO one major strength of tla is the dumb, append only file
server storage model so backup/restore is easy and I can tinker with the
archive if I have to.
This being said, it probably make sense to use sqlite to manage the
patch logs in a checked out tree. Those are highly structured data
currently stored as thousands of small files, yuck.
Derek