[Gnu-arch-users] Re: use of database client protocole

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: use of database client protocole
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:35:16 +0100

Aldrik KLEBER <address@hidden> writes:

> The problem is that sqlite don't manage well network access, the philosophy
> of
> sqlite is : a local file, with some software running on you box accessing the
> database file.

I suppose you'd have to download the whole database for any access ...

> why not implement database client  of client/server system as protocole,
> example :
> tla make archive address@hidden
> mysql://login:address@hidden

AFAIK, subversion used to have a database back-end only, and this has
been a problem more than anything else. They now have a filesystem
back-end which I think is the recommanded one.

You should have a look at what they did and which problems they
encountered before going any further in this direction.

--
Matthieu