[Gnu-arch-users] use of database client protocole

From: Aldrik KLEBER
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] use of database client protocole
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 11:50:24 +0100

Le Lundi 09 Janvier 2006 01:26, Andy Tai a écrit :
> Thanks for the information. It does not look like this is an easy thing to
> do, to try to put a tla archive on top of sqlite.  But nontheless I may try
> to look into continuing the work you have done when I feel up to it...
>
> Andy

The problem is that sqlite don't manage well network access, the philosophy of
sqlite is : a local file, with some software running on you box accessing the
database file.

why not implement database client  of client/server system as protocole,
example :
tla make archive address@hidden
mysql://login:address@hidden

with this, we can solve network latency problem too

If this is of interest for many people I will be happy to work on this

--
Cordialement,

Aldrik

Citation de fortune :

The most important design issue... is the fact that Linux is supposed to
be fun...
        -- Linus Torvalds at the First Dutch International Symposium on Linux