[Gnu-arch-users] Reviving "arch Meets Hello World"

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Reviving "arch Meets Hello World"
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:31:14 +0100

Hello,

Since tla 1.3.2, the good old "arch Meets Hello World" tutorial was
replaced by the documentation we now have, which is much less complete
than the tutorial, and written with `awiki' (which, BTW, seems to
produce invalid (X)HTML).

I suggest that we revive the tutorial, and write it in plain Texinfo (it
turns out that it was originally written in a home-made markup language
which required Systas Scheme to be converted to Texinfo --- fortunately,
we do have the Texinfo version).  Of course, it needs to be updated,
perhaps also rearranged.

What do you think?  I believe that having good up-to-date documentation
should be a goal for the next release.

Thanks,
Ludovic.