[Gnu-arch-users] pigs at trough

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] pigs at trough
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:20:37 -0800

Alfred:
>> You simply don't understand it do you? The changes in baz's UI were
>> simple removal, addition and changing the default of _some_ options,
>> nothing more.  Get over it.

James:
> The veracity of this statement can be easily measured by performing a
> simple test: diff the gnuarch 1.2.1 and Bazaar 1.4.1 trees. If the ?
> changes are few minor UI changes, then Alfred is deserving of respect
> and [yadda yadda yadda]

We could further evaluate those diffs for quality and also to ask
what the practical impact for users was (other than shoving *me*
aside).   Alfred might come out pretty well, in that light.

You wanna talk about "get over it", James?  Let's do then.
Get over it: you and canonical as a whole did harm to me
and the community.  Mark gave you poorly designed incentives
which, in quite un-engineer-like fasion, you bit.  Your company
is full of shit when it paints itself as a friend of the community.
Own it.