Re: [Gnu-arch-users] pigs at trough

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] pigs at trough
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:08:45 +0900

    James> "MOMMMMM! He hit ME first! Besides, he stole my toy
    James> dinosaur!"

James, cut it out.  As you say, it's arguable in either direction.
Let it rest there; it really doesn't matter to Bazaar,

Both sides have made their arguments, and, jeez guys, why don't you
all go back and code.  The "Bazaar sucks and hurts Tom" crowd has yet
to provide any content that I've seen (the "hurts Tom" part is true,
but only because competition always hurts the incumbent, and failure
to employ always hurts the unemployed; if Tom wants to assert rights
here, the appropriate place is in the Arch license), the "Bazaar
rocks" crowd has presented evidence of improvement but it's so thin
it's nanotechnological.

    James> I've never been to engineering school and make no such
    James> claims.

Good for you!

    James> I'll even go one surther and agree with anyone that want to
    James> state that anybody who makes engineering claims that has
    James> never from a school of engineering is acting dishonestly,
    James> reprehensibly and possibly fraudulantly.

Ridiculous.  James Watt and Thomas Edison never went to engineering
school, they didn't exist at the time.