Re: [Gnu-arch-users] jblack around?

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] jblack around?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:35:24 -0500

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 10:51:26AM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> 2006/2/1, James Blackwell <address@hidden>:
> > > Anyone know if jblack is still around?  I sent him email a few days
> > > about sourcecontrol.net, but haven't received a reply....
> >
> > I'm alive and well -- just very busy.
>
> Gotcha.

Private mails can work better for me. I don't track GAU very closely and
my responses to the list are generally carefully thought out (read: time
investment) so as to minimize disruptions.

> Is there anybody else I can ask about this sort of
> mirrors.sourcecontrol.net issue (I'm not even sure if it's still just
> your baby, or is somehow connected with canonical now...)?

Its been Canonical's baby since August of '04. I'm still the one
responsible for it though. For "can I speak to your supervisor?" and
"jblack got bitten by a ferral dog, is dead, and now nobody can help me"
type questions, the person to speak to is Robert Collins (lifeless).

The supermirror will cowardly refuse to publically mirror an archive that
doesn't match the name that was ssh'ed in. The information I have available
to me tells me that you pushed it to:
                  .                                             .
address@hidden@mirrors.sourcecontrol.net/address@hidden/
Instead of:       |                                             |
address@hidden@mirrors.sourcecontrol.net/address@hidden/
                  ^                                             ^

You can verify this by running and probably seeing something similiar to:
-------------
sftp address@hidden@mirrors.sourcecontrol.net
ls -a
.
..
address@hidden/
address@hidden/
-------------
sftp address@hidden@mirrors.sourcecontrol.net
ls
.
..

The resolution is to wipe the old mirror, and make a new one with
"address@hidden" username.

Regards,
James

--
My home page:   <a href="http://jblack.linuxguru.net";>James Blackwell</a>
Gnupg 06357400  F-print AAE4 8C76 58DA 5902 761D  247A 8A55 DA73 0635 7400