[Gnu-arch-users] apologies to FOSDEM

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] apologies to FOSDEM
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 08:28:19 -0800

I retract my earlier statement of "see ya' there":

I deeply apologize to the organizers and sponsors of FOSDEM --
especially for expenses incurred as a result of my almost attending
and especially because of the generous help organizers put in to
accommodating my needs -- but I will not be able to attend.

It has become very apparent to me in the past few days that the rigors
of travel to and from the conference stand a good chance of doing me
serious harm.   I have been forced to realize that if I make the
trip there is a good chance I'll have to be taken off the plane in
Brussels in a wheelchair or on a stretcher.   I have tried to document
how I arrived at this conclusion here:

    http://dasht-brk.livejournal.com/24390.html

The short version is while I knew I had troubles with my back, knees,
and feet those problems have spiked rather severely in the past few
days after "only" getting steadily worse for the past few years.  It
wouldn't matter if I was taking an Eos flight there -- I'm now having
trouble sitting at my own desk or sleeping in my own bed.

Sorry,