Re: [Gnu-arch-users] On PR and 'community building'

From: Robin Green
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] On PR and 'community building'
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 17:16:34 +0000

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:33:20 +0100
address@hidden (Tomas Zerolo) wrote:
>   - I wonder whether some of the techniques used for fighting spam
> could be applied to this. Would it be possible to recognize the same
>     writer (in different disguises) based on tri-gram (n-gram)
> frequency distributions? What about a karma system à la slashdot
> (but much more diverse: GroupLens comes to mind)?

Baaaaaaad. Spam is easily humanly-recognisable by at least 20% of the
net population, so a spam-filter is humanly verifiable to ensure it
doesn't block too much ham. This technique would be difficult to check
up on because you wouldn't in general be able to be sure what was
"spam" and what was "ham".

--
Robin