Re: [Gnu-arch-users] On PR and 'community building'

From: Tomas Zerolo
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] On PR and 'community building'
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 06:36:10 +0100

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 08:17:42PM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 05:16:34PM +0000, Robin Green wrote:
> > On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:33:20 +0100
> > address@hidden (Tomas Zerolo) wrote:

[automatic astroturf detection, karma system]

> > Baaaaaaad. Spam is easily humanly-recognisable by at least 20% of the
> > net population, so a spam-filter is humanly verifiable [...]

> Worse: such systems are entirely reliant on being provided with
> correct training data in order to function. And you can't really get
> that either.
>
> Also, spammers have no real motive to evade most anti-spam systems,
[...]

Good points, both of you. Another occurs to me: there might be
legitimate reasons for someone to hide behind different personae. So
what if "we" are providing the infrastructure for a police-state
[whatever this might mean in whatever context] to uncloak those people?
(More things along these lines come to mind...)

:-(

Regards
-- tomás