Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirroring local archives locally and remotley

From: Andrea Russo
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirroring local archives locally and remotley
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 02:50:49 +0200

Hi,

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <address@hidden> writes:

> Does anyone have any idea how I could achive mirror a local archive
> (~/{archives}/2004) locally (~/{mirrors}/address@hidden) and
> remotley (sftp://psilo.update.uu.se/home/ams/public_html/2004)?
> Basically get, tla archive-mirror address@hidden (or similar), to
> write a mirror to ~/{mirrors}/address@hidden _and_
> sftp://psilo.update.uu.se/home/ams/public_html/2004.
>
> Does tla even upport multiple mirrors like this?

Sure!

I have in my ~/.arch-params/hook:

doMirror() {
    mirror="${1}"

    tla archive-mirror "${ARCH_ARCHIVE}" $mirror "`tla parse-package-name
--package-version $ARCH_REVISION`"
}

borrowed from somewhere.  Then I call that shell function in this way:

doMirror
doMirror $(ARCH_ARCHIVE)-MIRROR-2

Note that in the call without arguments, tla automatically uses the
archive name plus the canonical mirror suffix `-MIRROR'

In the second case the archive mirror name is explicit:
$(ARCH_ARCHIVE}-MIRROR-2.  But it could be anything you like.

And, obviously, you can have as much mirrors as you like.

Note that for users of your mirrors, the name transparently remains
your original archive name (without the `-MIRROR' thing), which is
really neat.

Best regards,
Andrea.

P.S.
If only the world gave Tom the chance to implement tla 2.0...

--
`To alcohol!  The cause of, and solution to,
 all of life's problems' --Homer J. Simpson