Re: tooltip-help.el --- show help as tooltip

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: tooltip-help.el --- show help as tooltip
Date: 2 Mar 2007 08:49:35 -0800

On Mar 2, 5:22 pm, "weber" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi!
> It's a very good idea.
>
> I'm trying it on Emacs 22 and it "almost works". There's seems to be a
> problem when the tooltip opens on top of the mouse cursor. That makes
> the tooltip disappear immediately (just like when you move the mouse
> over a tooltip...).
>
> Any ideas on how to solve that?

You can try moving the mouse cursor to the top-left corner before the
tooltip is shown (th-show-tooltip-for-point), so that it's out of the
way:

   (set-mouse-position (selected-frame) 0 0)

If it solves the problem I'll add it to the source.

> Also do you know how could I change the font of the tooltip?
> I seem to have a default Courier here.

There's a face called tooltip. I think that can be customized.