CSense - Code Sense frontend and C# backend

From: address@hidden
Subject: CSense - Code Sense frontend and C# backend
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:09:58 -0800

I had to work on a small project in C# and I implemented my own code
completion package in the process for fun.

The C# parser backend takes a completely opportunistic approach, it
parses only what it needs to find out what should it do in the current
context. It's not correct and certainly not complete, but it does a
good enough job in most of the cases.

I used it only on a small project, so it's not well tested and it only
knows those language constructs which I encountered in my project. The
framework is there, so support for other things can be added without
great difficulties and I may even fix some of the missing links if I
feel like working on it again.

Until then here it is if someone's interested:

http://csense.googlecode.com/

There are some screenshots, the code can be checked out of the
repository. There is also a zip file uploaded for those who don't have
subversion installed.

Since C# is similar to Java and C++ I might implement those other
backends too someday, but right know I rather feel like taking a
break. :)