Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Incoming distros page at libreplanet

From: Graziano
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Incoming distros page at libreplanet
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:48:03 +0100

Rubén Rodríguez Pérez ha scritto:
> I've created a new page at libreplanet listing the incoming free
> distributions that I know. If you know of other projects or hackers
> interested in creating a new free distro, add it to the page or tell it
> here and I will add them.
>
> The page is: http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Incoming_distros
>
> Also, I will contact with all this projects inviting them to join here.

Merging projects.

GNU+Linux from Source Code  and Parabola (AKA gArch)  seem to take
ArchLinux as a base.

I think their developers could join efforts in a unique fully libre
archlinux based distribution.

rms-gnulinux takes slackware as a base.
There is already one existing fully free software GNU/Linux distribution
based on Slackware and it is Kongoni.

I think we should really try to merge things instead of creating new
ones with one/two developers each.

I don't know if the developers of these distros are already subscribed here.

If not I think we should contact them to ask if they are willing to
contribute to existing similar projects instead of working on new ones.

The fully free software GNU/Linux distros community is too small to be
divided in too many different projects.

We should try to consolidate when possible.

My 2 cents.

--
Graziano Sorbaioli  |  http://sorbaioli.org

LibrePlanet Italia