Re: [GNU-linux-libre] tcpd

From: Brett Smith
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] tcpd
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 10:47:17 -0400

On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 09:28 -0500, Tlamaki GNU/Linux wrote:
> This package is doubtful. I see it as non-free. Ubuntu and Debian do not
> qualify well. I hope you can help me to study it in some way: It is the
> tcpd package.

It's basically a "one-clause BSD license:" the statement of permissions
is the same one that you see in many similar licenses, and the only
condition is that you reproduce the copyright notice, which is extremely
common and definitely okay.  So I don't see any problem with it.  Is
there something in particular about it that was worrying you?

--
Brett Smith
License Compliance Engineer, Free Software Foundation

Support the FSF by becoming an Associate Member: http://fsf.org/jf