Re: [GNU-linux-libre] bluez-firmware

From: Tlamaki GNU/Linux
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] bluez-firmware
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 06:13:47 -0500

>> The bluez-firmware...
>
> Legally and technically not modifiable, so non-free.
>
> I wonder, does OpenSUSE have a concept of a non-free repository like
> Debian? If it doesn't, and we're going to replicate (almost) all of
> Debian's non-free on the wiki page, then I fear that it will become
> unpractical in that form. An alternative would be to say that everything
> in Debian non-free should be considered to be on the blacklist and
> maintain a whitelist beside it. Not ideal either, but much less work, I
> figure.

There is no such concept in openSUSE. Generally fall into a repository
called "oss" and other "non-oss". But the proprietary packages abound on
both sides of the repository. The term is open-source-software. I also
think it is not necessary to add non-free packages for Debian. It would be
a bad repetition.

--
José Luis
A tlamaki (libre) developer.