Re: [GNU-linux-libre] nonfsdg page and adobe cmap

From: Henry Jensen
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] nonfsdg page and adobe cmap
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:11:33 +0200

Hello,

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:20:44 +0200
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> Karl Goetz wrote:
> > hi all,
> > nonfsdg lists the adobe cmap files files non-free. according to
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=548195 , they have
> > been freed. should we update the page to mention that?
>
> I vote yes. Is this also true for older versions of the CMap files? Not
> very clear to me from reading the bug report.

Objection. Not all CMap file are free as of the latest version 8.71, see below.
Accordingly this files are not part of GNU Ghostscript (GNU Ghostscript 8.71.1
was released a few days ago).

Some files may be freed, but not all. So I see no reason remove the issue from
the list.

Regards,

Henry

/usr/share/ghostscript/8.71/Resource/CMap$ grep "that the contents of this file
are not altered" * |cut -d: -f1
90ms-RKSJ-UCS2
90pv-RKSJ-UCS2
90pv-RKSJ-UCS2C