Re: [GNU-linux-libre] MAME license non-free

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] MAME license non-free
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 20:31:13 +0200

Rubén Rodríguez wrote:
The license for the MAME package restricts commercial distribution:

"Redistributions may not be sold, nor may they be used in a commercial
product or activity."

I'm adding it to the blacklist.

I thought MAME was an old-timer in Debian non-free (making it at least suspicious), but apparently it only just got added. The MAME license being non-free was hinted at a few months ago [1]. Luckily it was never an issue for gNewSense because we don't carry non-free.

It's a useful addition to the NONFSDG list because I think many people assume it is free.

[1] http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnu-linux-libre/2010-09/msg00088.html