Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Nyquist is non-free

From: Brett Smith
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Nyquist is non-free
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 15:57:24 -0400

On 08/28/2011 05:33 AM, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> If we take the Nyquist Debian maintainer's word [1] for it, then XLISP,
> Nyquist and Audacity's Nyquist plugin are free software. If there are no
> objections then I'll remove them from the NONFSDG list next week.
>
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=631646

I see no reason we shouldn't.  It looks like a case where the author
gave permission to distribute it under a free license but the
documentation lagged behind.  It's definitely a good idea to get the
documentation fixed, but given that XLISP itself is released under the
free license now, I see no reason to doubt what Steve says.

Thanks to both you and Steve for working together to get this
straightened out.

--
Brett Smith
License Compliance Engineer, Free Software Foundation

Support the FSF by becoming an Associate Member: http://fsf.org/jf