Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Freedom issues in lame, cdrkit, SDL, foomatic-filt

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Freedom issues in lame, cdrkit, SDL, foomatic-filters, freepascal, unzip
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 21:26:20 GMT

Hi Henry,

    Fixed it by replacing unzip with p7zip and creating a "stub" unzip
    relacement , which is simply created by
        echo '/usr/bin/7z x $@' > /usr/bin/unzip

1) That should be
        echo '/usr/bin/7z x "$@"' > /usr/bin/unzip
($@ only has its magical qualities inside "".)

2) As far as I can tell, there are numerous cmdline and other
   differences between p7zip and unzip.  If that's so, I think it would
   be better just to leave unzip as "command not found" than provide a
   radically incompatible replacement.

   And hopefully it can somehow be fixed for real quickly.