[GNU-linux-libre] potentially tained/non-free software

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] potentially tained/non-free software
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 20:27:58 +1100

Hi all,
I'm going back through some gNS bugs and I've come across some we
hadn't actioned yet. I'd like to bring them to the lists attention, and
if everyone agrees they are problematic I'll add them to NONFSDG.

bogofilter has some non-free files
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34593
-> I've uploaded a freed version to gNS (without the files)

BEAV Has A Non-Commercial Clause
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?34591
-> I've blacklisted this in gNS

Blender License Problems
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34590
-> I'm preparing a freed version without the {publ_,}installer dirs

batik_1.7 has a non-free file
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34579
-> I'm not sure if its sane to repack a .jar, I'll need to investigate
   more.

bacula has a freedom problem
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34578
- could i get some input on this bug please? Does anyone else agree
  with jasons interpretation of the licence? if its generally agreed to
  be a problem i'll report a bug in debian. This appears to be the same
  as https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=34424 ,
  so the answer would be good there too :)

In all but the last case I've got debian bugs/input outstanding (to be
mailed as soon as i figure out why my mail isn't sending atm).
Hopefully they will help push the issues upstream.
thanks,
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK7FOSS)