Re: [GNU-linux-libre] potentially tained/non-free software

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] potentially tained/non-free software
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:42:26 +0100

Karl Goetz wrote:
bacula has a freedom problem
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34578
- could i get some input on this bug please? Does anyone else agree
  with jasons interpretation of the licence? if its generally agreed to
  be a problem i'll report a bug in debian. This appears to be the same
  as https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=34424 ,
  so the answer would be good there too :)

I reported http://bugs.debian.org/643703 for Asterisk, where an alternative implementation is suggested. I also found this reply from Tzafrir in my mailbox, which he probably forgot to cc to the bug report:

sha1.c is also included in e.g.:

* rhash
* sharand

I guess I'll need to replace it with e.g. sha1.c from mhash (copyright
status is a bit less clear, but it did not go through the RFC).