Re: [GNU-linux-libre] ConnochaetOS

From: Henry Jensen
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] ConnochaetOS
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 14:04:35 +0100

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:03:00 -0800 (PST)
"Jason Self" <address@hidden> wrote:

> The
> exception is calling themselves "open source" rather than free software but
> RMS
> said on this list that "we don't make upholding our political views a
> condition
> of our endorsement."

Like I said before, I as the main maintainer call ConnochaetOS "free
software", not "open source". See also
http://www.connochaetos.org/wiki/fully_free_-_what_does_it_mean and
additionally http://www.connochaetos.org/wiki/purpose

If I encounter the term "open source" in the wiki I will correct it. At
the moment there is no mentioning of ConnochaetOS  as an "open source"
project in the wiki.

But there may be other people who help develop and test ConnochaetOS and
who say "open source" in the forum and occasionally in the wiki, e. g.
when they are writing documentation. In my opinion this is not such a
crucial point as, let's say, suggesting non-free software.

To illustrate the case even more:

If a user would suggest non-free software in the forum or in the wiki,
I would correct it and would tell the user, that such suggestions are
undesirable. In case of recurrence, and if it is on purpose, the users
writing permissions would be removed.

If a user would use the term "open source" in the wiki, I would correct
it, but I wouldn't admonish the user.