Re: [GNU-linux-libre] potential issue with packages embedding waf

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] potential issue with packages embedding waf
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 14:19:05 +0100

Karl Goetz wrote:
Ian seems to disagree this is source, and i tend to agree with him [1].
Its not the preferred form of modification as its built from the git
repo and has all comments (and other?) stripped.

You're right.

I did a quick search in the samba 3.5.6 package, but couldn't find
anyting about waf.

I haven't double checked (yet).

Found it in samba4.

I'm not sure the best way to get a current list of packages
embedding waf. An expensive way would be to extract all packages
and search for it - i can do it , but rather only if needed.
Can we trust Debian to have done their homework well [2]?

Its a filename based list.

That's probably most of them. Other than that, expensive is the only way afaict. I wonder if FOSSology catches these blobs?