[GNU-linux-libre] RLSD - a free GNU/Linux-libre distro

From: dima
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] RLSD - a free GNU/Linux-libre distro
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 10:29:19 -0400

Hello,

I would you like you to receive the FSF endorsement for RLSD (http://rlsd.dimakrasner.com/).

It's a free software, "live" GNU/Linux distro for x86/x86_64, with focus on retro applications and security. It's extremely lightweight and contains many console applications in its repositories, so it's attractive to console lovers and can be used to revive old hardware.

I have updated the documentation and added notes about free software.

Thank you,

Dima

Fri Oct 10 2014 09:39:26 EDT from "Dave Thompson via RT" <address@hidden> Subject: [gnu.org #951306] RLSD - a free GNU/Linux-libre distro
Hi Dima,

address@hidden - Thu Oct 09 09:37:08 2014]:

I'm Dima, the developer of RLSD (http://rlsd.dimakrasner.com), a free
GNU/Linux-libre distribution and I would like you to list it under the
page
of free distributions. What is the next step in this process, after
contacting you?

Your distro seems to include only free software, from what I can tell,
and I see that the link to the source code is prominently displayed. Great!

However, I didn't find anything on that webpage that states that the
distribution has a commitment to including only free software. I would
recommend adding something about that to make your intentions clear. I
would also recommend changing 'Linux' to 'GNU/Linux' in the appropriate
places.

Once the above issues have been addressed, the next step is to contact
the address@hidden mailing list to request endorsement.
Please include the description of your distro, a link to the home page,
and any other useful information.

Thanks for working to create a fully free GNU/Linux distro. Happy hacking!

--
David Thompson
Web Developer - Free Software Foundation - http://fsf.org