Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Is systemd long-term compatible with software free

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Is systemd long-term compatible with software freedom?
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 21:37:42 +0100

hellekin <address@hidden> skribis:

> http://0pointer.net/blog/revisiting-how-we-put-together-linux-systems.html

“Application bundles” as proposed in this article and also popularized
by tools like Docker are clearly a perfect tool to distribute
proprietary software: it allows vendors to make sure that their binaries
will really work anywhere.

That’s not a stated goal of the effort mentioned in the article above,
AFAICS, but it’s an obvious side-effect.

However, I think this only remotely relates with systemd, and I don’t
think this has anything to do with GNU Guix.

Thanks,
Ludo’.