Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Violations of GPL in GuixSD packaging design

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Violations of GPL in GuixSD packaging design
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 19:56:05 +0200

Riley,

I have downloaded the wicd packages from GuixSD depository on
https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org and I have searched for the copy of the
license in the directory that was installed on my system. There was
none. Please prove me wrong.

I have some money for donations, but I don't have time to repair other
maybe dozens, hundreds of packages and include licenses into it. The
design has flaws, and that important flaw to include GPL license with
the executable or object code in the package, shall be remedied as
fast. GuixSD as distribution or group, shall take care to comply with
the GPL licenses. There must be developer's decision to take care of
licenses.

And not that other people provide multiple patches for multiple packages
which were packaged by flawed design in regards to GPL.

Jean Louis