Re: [GNU-linux-libre] How to "learn" Hurd

From: J.B. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] How to "learn" Hurd
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 17:21:14 -0600

Felix Posselt wrote:
Mostly I am searching for Information on how to create a working GNU
Environment and how to integrate Hurd into it.

I recommend looking up Debian's GNU/Hurd distribution, download their most recent image, set up a VM in which to install the image, and run the VM. Using a VM is a great way to quickly set up new instances of an OS. As far as I know, Debian GNU/Hurd carries no non-free dependencies.

There is a DebConf talk about Debian GNU/Hurd:

http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2015/debconf15/Debian_GNUHurd_status_update.webm